Backup external hard drive?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adamvk, Jun 19, 2011.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I am a photography. Right now, most of my photos are stored on my internal 750GB HDD in my Macbook Pro. I then use Time Machine every hour, and once every so often, I do another Time Machine backup with another external hard drive, and that hard drive is stored in a water proof, fire proof, bomb proof indestructible case. However I'm changing my file system. I just bought a LaCie external hard drive, which I am going to store all of my photos and Lightroom library on so that I can use it with multiple computers. Is there a way to use Time Machine for my external hard drive? This way I can have a backup of my external hard drive with all of my pictures. Thanks!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

As a bonus, using CCC for the internal backup would allow the drive you store to be immediately bootable in case of a disaster.

Time Machine is great, but is not the only good tool for backups on the Mac.

B

3. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ok, thank you very much both of you. Hopefully this works.

Also, do you, or does anyone know of a similar application for Windows? I'm getting a very fast Windows 7 based workstation soon....I just can't justify getting a powerful Mac haha.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

W7 has it's own native imaging tool, but I still use and recommend Acronis TrueImage Home.

B

5. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ok, thanks!