Backup frequency

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saminsocks, Jul 23, 2008.

1. saminsocks macrumors regular

Is there a way to change how often your phone is backed up when you connect it to your computer? I like to keep it plugged in when I'm using my MBP just so I know it's charged, but sometimes if I have to disconnect it to walk away and take a call when I reconnect it it does a complete backup again. Right now I'm not even using .5GB and it already takes forever to backup. If I just want to add a song I don't want to have to change it to manually manage music and videos each time.

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I don't think there is a way to set a backup frequency but you can disable it by going to Edit > Preferences > Syncing

3. saminsocks thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I saw that. I don't think that'll keep it from backing up with I try to sync, though. And I have a playlist of songs I want to add to my iPhone, so I want those to sync. I just don't want to have to go through a long backup just to add a few songs.

I had to unplug my iPhone to use the USB input. It was out for about 15 minutes and when I replugged it in it started backing up again...