backup from previous???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billmister, Jul 1, 2008.

1. billmister macrumors 6502

Hey guys quick question. If you have an iPhone that has been jailbroken. Then you restored you iphone and checked off "Set up as new phone" and used it afterwareds like normal.

Now lets say 2 months later, something happend to your phone and you got a new iphone that was given to you.

If you plug it in it will ask do you want to set up as a new phone or restore from backup. If you restore from Back up, will that keep the jailbroken info on the phone? Or should i have went with set up as new phone?

I'm just wondering becuase i selected restore from backup, and then it restored and i got all my icons and now it's syncing. Did i do a wrong thing? Since this is a new phone (non jailbroken because it's new) by me restoring it from backup will that make my new phone appear as a restored after jailbroken phone?

please help

2. Mo0st macrumors newbie

hmm...im not positivly sure it seems that doing the use from back-up was fine.. i too restored my iphone twice... and each time it uninstalled all the jailbroken apps, etc..and made it how it "new" again except with all my songs, contacts etc.....Also, if it doesnt work just restore it again, and this time select as a brand new selection =]...goood luck