backup in windows 7 home premium to NAS

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mentaluproar, Jun 16, 2014.

1. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I'm looking for a program that will let me back up windows to my NAS. Because I have home premium, I cannot use the built in backup functions.

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out the best product and config for a friend's small office. He has a NAS, and 2 computers that need to backup to it. It needs to occur on a schedule, without a user logged in, and shutdown upon completion. The system must be able to perform incremental backups and, like time machine, delete old data when it started running low on space on the share. It needs to have a simple recovery boot CD or USB too. So far, AOMEI backupper looks pretty good, but it keeps asking for the username and password for the share being backed up to. I cannot find a way for it to remember. I've tried mapping the share to a letter and using the share function of the software too. No difference.

Since I cannot find anything that I can get working as a test with my mac, I have no idea what will work for them.

Any help?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The NAS he's using doesn't offer any backup software?

3. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

4. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

5. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I have a synology, they have a ****** wd mybook world edition (white light version) that needs reset all the time.