Resolved Backup iPhone to Computer and iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by mrockm01, Oct 14, 2011.

1. mrockm01, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

I would like to backup my data to the cloud, and to my computer. This is because I have 8GB of photos in the camera roll, and do not want to pay for more cloud storage. However, if I am unable to sync to my mac, I want to have my texts, settings, etc backed up daily. Right now it appears it is one or the other. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure only Automatic backups are one or the other, but you can manually backup to both whenever you want.

I want to do this too. Maybe have iCloud as automatic daily backups and then manually sync to my MacBook.

3. mms13 macrumors 6502

Pretty sure you can only do 1. If you choose iCloud, it won't do a computer backup and vice versa.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

You can do both if you use the cable to backup to your computer.

5. mrockm01 thread starter macrumors regular

mrockm01

I had it to automatic iCloud, and was syncing my computer. However, in iTunes it said that my last backup was the day I installed the GM. I think it can sync data but just does not back it up. I am looking for a way around this.

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

When I plug in my phone, I have to manually change the backup to backup to iTunes. Once thats done, I switch it back to backup to iCloud.

What's the default storage for iClouds? I still had a subscription to mobileme that's not going to expire until next year so I when I transferred over to iCloud, it gave me 25 GB of storage but I don't think that's the norm..

7. mrockm01 thread starter macrumors regular

mrockm01

Default is 5GB. It does not back up automatically when you sync with iTunes, but you can manually choose "back up"

8. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Its very simple it will only automatic backup to one but you can manual backup.
    If you chose Icloud as your backup then when you plug the phone into itunes.
    Right click on the little symbol to the right under devices and select backup.

Thats it.