backup iPhoto faces and places?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by andybno1, Apr 16, 2010.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

is there a way to backup iPhoto's faces and places? I'm looking to transfer to a new mac and don't want to go through the long task of tagging my photos again.

I don't have a time machine setup or a hard drive free to use with time machine.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Use Migration Assistant. It'll transfer all of your documents, photos, applications, and such to the new computer.

You should. It's not just for migrating to new computers. All hard drives fail sooner or later, and when yours does, you'll lose more than your tags.

3. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Well why bother backing just some of it up since you'll lose all your photos at some point anyway. And if they arent worth, what, $100 to you (new HD), you can't have too many to retag again.

4. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

ooh never thought about that I'll have a look at that now.

maybe because I am unemployed and just about keeping above water with my bills maybe thats why, i only got this newer macbook cause a friend didn't want it an lettin me pay wat i can when I can

5. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Doesn't affect the fact that without backup, which it looks like you also never bothered with for your original macbook, its a matter of when you lose all your pictures, not if.

6. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

normally if I had to restore the macbook I would just copy stuff but I have moved my iphone over to my macbook just cause iTunes is so much stabler under OSX so I brought my photos over so it's only recently this has been an issue, before I just had regular normal documents or files which could be easily copied to a hard drive like I can with the photos but thats not the issue I was just looking for a way to backup the places and faces so I didn't have to retag images so I did have a backup of sorts just didn't know how to backup the faces and places data to copy over THAT WAS ALL

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Again,

you will lose all of your data sooner or later.