Backup Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BulkHedd, Jul 15, 2008.

1. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

Now that I get 20GB with MobileMe I decided I would use it for backing up some of my data. I was considering Jungle Disk before.
    Several times now I have tried using Backup.app to backup my iPhoto library. It's a little over 6GB and so far I have not gotten a successful backup yet.

I think the first couple of times my MacBook was going to sleep which ruined the backup. Does this program not have resume capabilities?

A couple of times, after at least 10 hours of backing up, something goes haywire with my Airport Extreme Base Station and the backup fails.

Isn't there a better way? I'm eating up MobileMe bandwidth and getting nothing for it.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I would be very hesitant to do this. MacWorld had a review of online backups a few issues back I believe, and the biggest problem is always uploading that first full backup.

If you have a non-wireless network, and you can keep your computer from sleeping it might be worth it for that first FULL backup. Incrementals afterwards will be much faster, but with slow upload speeds won't be the best.