Backup iTunes Library To Disc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FriDay85, Jul 20, 2011.

1. FriDay85 macrumors member

I am trying to backup my itunes library to disc.

I'm sure i have done this before by selecting: File -> Library -> Backup to disc

But on my itunes: "Backup to disc" is not displayed? Only "organise library" "export library" "import / export playlist".

This is driving me crazy. Anybody can help?

2. andy.barron macrumors 6502

3. FriDay85, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

FriDay85 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I know thats the menu I need to access, but it isn't displayed for me?

Here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4. andy.barron macrumors 6502

It seems that Apple have disabled this feature (I was running the previous version of iTunes), as I have now run a software update & now get the same as you:mad:

Unless anyone knows of where this function is now located or why Apple decided people did not need it anymore?

Sorry FriDay85, although I do not use the function I can imagine your frustration.

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Seeing as Apple are phasing out optical drives in macs, it's not surprising to see the same for optical media support in their software.

6. andy.barron macrumors 6502

Seeing as Apple are phasing out support for users that have been with them from the beginning, I agree.

Don't you find it disgusting that the users that built their empire are now ignored & badge anything that now now longer works as 'progress'?

I feel for FriDay85 as a simple task has now been taken away without consultation nor feedback.

Apple in the beginning used to complain about Microsoft............:mad: