Backup Ordere

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Encoder, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Encoder macrumors member

Does anyone think there is a downside to ordering multiple watches? I have (sport) white and black ordered. Thinking of ordering a green and a blue as well. I like all those colors, I just want it to arrive soon. I would cancel the remaining orders once I receive shipping confirmation on one.

2. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

Don't be a douchebag.

3. Encoder thread starter macrumors member

I certainly wasn't trying to be. I've simply noticed that this is a strategy that others are employing and I wondered how well it works. For example, and perhaps I should have specified what I meant by downside, is Apple canceling orders or delaying orders for people with multiple orders?

4. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

It's blatantly obvious that by ordering multiple to see which one ships first ties them up for others who actually want that model. That is being a douchebag whether you were trying to be or not. People who use this "strategy" should have all of their orders revoked and moved to the back of the line.

5. Encoder thread starter macrumors member

That's a fair point, but I think you could have made it without resorting to name calling. And as I said, your point is valid and you've convinced me not to use this strategy as I had not thought of that. However, it could be argued that once those orders are cancelled it moves people up, thus there really isn't a delay. Discussions can be had without people being that way, but regardless, thanks for your input.

6. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

Someone else posted about this the other day.

At this point, I wouldn't do it. There were a few anomalies last week and the week prior where pink and green watches were being shipped quickly, but it seems to be slowing down now with June delivery estimates at this point.

TBH I did a pink watch last Friday and 0 movement....vague June delivery date which I'll now cancel as I await my original SG Sport Black watch I ordered preorder night.

7. Encoder thread starter macrumors member

That's what I was originally thinking, that last week there was a supply of the less popular versions in green and blue. I'll stick with my original order and hope for the best.

8. Watchin Macs macrumors newbie

Just received shipping for my backup 42 mm blue sport!! Originally ordered SG Sport at 12:09:23 but still in processing hell! Ordered the backup on 4/21/15 around 5PM. So glad I did.

9. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

Sorry. Just see this type of thing daily and it's hard to be nice the thousandth time. Same goes for scalpers.

10. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

So if you own your own business you're going to cancel people order multiples of your widgets?

What goes to say that I ordered mine the moment the night the preorder opened and then my wife decided she wants one yesterday? How can Apple distinguish the difference?

11. Encoder thread starter macrumors member

I understand, and no worries. We're all friends on this forum! I know how you feel, I remember waiting in line during the iPhone 6 launch and several people in front of me were buying multiple phones to sell. One of them got the last 6 Plus that the person behind me desperately wanted...I felt so bad for them.

12. bushido Suspended

bushido

they will cancel your fourth order and may be a dick about it shipping the rest later on purpose

13. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

My solution would be one per Apple ID/Credit card until the demand goes down.

14. Encoder thread starter macrumors member

Yeah Bushido that's what I imagined would happen. Hopefully they see my cancellation of the 38SG BSB and new order for a white sport 42 as what it is, me simply changing my mind about which one I wanted. In fact, I made the change while in the Apple Store following a try-on appointment. It's technically my third order, as I ordered one for my wife and she received hers on launch day.