Backup POP email messages? (Need answer quick)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by todd2000, Jul 19, 2015.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

My Aun't has two POP email accounts set up on her iPhone. I am about to bring it to the Apple Store for service, and have a feeling they will replace it. I want to make sure I can restore all of her email messages to her new phone. I know iCloud backs up the email account info but not the actual messages. Both of the accounts are set to never delete the messages from the server, but will they show up on her new phone once I restore from iCloud? Is there a 3rd party way to backup the actual messages? Thanks

2. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

Whatever email is still on the server will load on whatever device you add the POP account to. Depending on who the account is through you should be able to log into the account through a web page and verify what's still there. With some POP accounts I've had in the past, there were server side settings that could be altered to purge email after a given amount of days. So checking through a web interface is the best way to verify what's still there.

3. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, her POP setting are set to leave all messages on the server, I don't think they will download to the new phone if I set up a new POP account. But If I set up the new phone with iMap, everything that is on the server should just show up on the phone.