iPhone Backup/restore and iCloud question

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by clewis05, Sep 22, 2012.

1. clewis05 macrumors newbie

My main question is if i do a complete restore as new iPhone w/o using a back up when i sign into my iCloud account will it have anything saved or will i have to start 100% over as in key in every contact and lose my notes? but this is why I'm having/wanting to do this. I am now using a iPhone 5 AT&T 32 GB white I have owned every model of the iPhone from the very first. I am currently using a back carrying over from my iPhone 3G. On my 3GS I use *3001#12345#* to make numerical signal bars. I didn't change it back before I upgraded to my iPhone 4 I have been able to remove the numerical bars from the carrier part but wifi keeps switching back and forth. It's very annoying I've called apple and they say I need to complete restore but I don't want to lose 100% of everything I have txt dating back to the iPhone 3G lol
    Please let me know if you need any more information at all!

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Are you asking if you will have a backup "w/o" without backing up? No.
    You can see what data already is on iCloud by selecting it in settings. Some apps make backups there, but unless you choose contacts or anything else you should just have app data backed up. Back up first, then you can restore Contacts, Notes, everything.

3. clewis05 thread starter macrumors newbie

not exactly sorry if i restore from my backup the issue will still be there i was asking if my contacts and or notes would continue to be there or should i save them to google contacts until i restore to new

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

What is the issue exactly that you are not wanting to restore from backup? I'm a little confused about your problem.

5. clewis05 thread starter macrumors newbie

If you dial *3001#12345#* in ur phone app you will receive field test mode at that point it will make your wifi and cellular signal bars numeric my wifi one is stuck that way for me it will not stop I don't want it like that anymore and I need to restore

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

And you tried this :
    To reverse the effect, start up you phone dialer, type *3001#12345#*, send, when you in field test mode, just hit the home button to exit and you phone will be back to normal.

7. clewis05 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes have def tried already thanks tho

8. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I got nothing then, sorry. Restoring should work, back up of course. I don't think a restore will put you into field test mode after it's done.