backup second drive on TimeCapsule?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tunafish, May 26, 2012.

1. tunafish macrumors newbie

OK, I am getting into video editing.
    I have a Macbook Pro with the original 500GB 7200rpm drive with my OS, applications and current video project files and media.
    Now I just install a second drive in the optical bay slot (OWC Data Doubler), the 1TB WD Scorpio Blue WD10xJPVT. On this drive I want to store archived videos.
    So I have 2 physical drives @ 1.5TB total in my laptop for which I need a backup plan for..

Since I will need another modem, I was thinking about a 2TB TimeCapsule.
    But my question is, how can I backup the 1TB WD drive automatically and wireless?
    I think I read before that you can not partition the TimeCapsule?
    I have never used TimeMachine before (I just use SuperDuper!, not automatically) but I think to understand it can only backup the disk/partition with the OS right?

2. tunafish thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, after some searching it seems that with Time Machine you can also include (or rather exclude unwanted disks) external disks which are connected to the machine to have them all backed-up to the Time Capsule.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. cheers

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I don't have personal experience doing it, but based on what I have read, this is my understanding as well. It would be good to get verification from someone who is doing this.