Backup solution needed - more than Time Machine

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by noisedude, Apr 10, 2009.

1. noisedude macrumors newbie

I'm currently backing up my MB (2007) to an external USB drive using Time Machine.

I also have a 250gb external drive full of everything I need for work and my music collection. Basically I've realised that if this drive goes down I will probably not be able to do my job, and won't have anything fun to do the rest of the time either because all my stuff will be gone!

This data drive is used daily on Windows XP, 2000 and Vista machines so it's formatted in FAT or NTFS (can't remember which) that Time Machine won't back up from. So TM isn't an option.

Do any of you backup experts know if there's a piece of Mac software or a particular model of external drive that I can get to basically synchronise TWO external drives? I need to be able to back up my external data onto another external drive on a daily basis so I can sleep at night.

Any ideas?

2. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

I'm not sure about syncing two disks, but you might want to take a look at iBackup. It gives you a little more control over your backups than Time Machine does, and it backs up to any disk or even remotely over a network.

http://www.grapefruit.ch/iBackup/

EDIT: looks like the originally linked article had an old link in it