Backup stored locations

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BarkingGhost, Nov 4, 2013.

1. BarkingGhost macrumors regular

I have been using Diskaid to do backups/extractions of Voicemail and Call logs of my TMo iPhone 5 running 6.1.3. I do this on both my wife's iMac running Lion and my PC running Windows 7. Diskaid works better on OS X, but my problem exists regardless of which computer it is connected to.

Today I connected the iPhone to the PC and Allowed W7 to import said Camera Roll images, deleting them from the phone afterwards. To my surprise, either this W7 wizard or Diskaid created two albums with thumbnails of the original Camera Roll images.

I cannot delete these thumbnails nor their albums. If I do a Restore of the iPhone in iTunes, I can catch an opportunity to disconnect the phone with USB and not have these additional albums of thumbnails placed back onto the phone. This opportunity comes before acknowledging the iTunes message saying a new iOS is available.

If I can find where the iPhone backups are stored on the PC and Mac, I want to delete them and avoid unintentional auto-restore or sync from occurring. Anyone know where these backups are stored?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

3. BarkingGhost thread starter macrumors regular

I normally do use Google as the first option. I don't know why I didn't this time. Maybe I just needed to hear your voice, dictoresno. :D

4. BarkingGhost thread starter macrumors regular

BTW, removing the backups didn't help. Once I got passed the silly iOS update available notice iTunes still managed to sync the Camera Roll, including the extraneous folders and thumbnail imagines. I found where in iTunes where images are synced, unchecked the option and voila!

I now have iTunes to not automatically sync/backup. But thanks for pointing out the backup stored location.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

its asked so often, and no one....including myself, can ever remember it. i just made a folder shortcut on my desktop pointing to them.

on another note, you can access them directly from itunes through the preferences menu. they can be deleted from there too, saving people the trouble of hunting them down through a folder hierarchy.