Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svdwoude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
I have my iTunes library on my hard drive. I also have a backup of that library on a network drive (I use this drive to work with my mediacenter). I'm tired of always backing up the entire library (it's 50Gb). It's kind of hard to remember the new/changed songs.

The problem is I can't find a program that backs up this library automatic without copying the entire library... It's obvious in only need to copy the new songs to the network drive, overwrite the changed one's and delete the one's i removed from my original library.

(note: i want to keep the same structure on the network drive as in my library: Music/Artist/Album/Song, that's why i can't use time machine)

Any tips?

Thanks a lot!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I have my iTunes library on my hard drive. I also have a backup of that library on a network drive (I use this drive to work with my mediacenter). ...

The problem is I can't find a program that backs up this library automatic without copying the entire library...
Any backup utility worth its salt will copy only changed files. I swear by Qdea's Synchronize! Pro X. Try it. If you like it, then pay for it. It is well worth the fee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.