Backup to remote time machine in mountain lion

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by holytexas123456, Jul 13, 2012.

1. holytexas123456 macrumors newbie

I used to back up my mac to a remote time machine over the internet by using back to my mac in lion. Now in mountain lion GM I can no longer get this feature to work. I see the airport express under the shared section but when I run a time machine backup it says the backup disk is not available. I even tried mounting the dmg in the backups folder manually but that did not work. Is anybody else facing this problem?

2. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I'm having a similar issue not being able to backup to a USB drive connected to my Airport Extreme (on the local network not over the internet). Any ideas?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Time Machine to an external on an Airport Extreme has never beed supported by Apple. Some report it works well, while others user say it can be sporadic.

4. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

It was working well for me without any issue before Mountain Lion. Anyway, somehow I got it to work again by selecting a different "disk" in Time Machine (it's just a different folder on the same network USB drive).

5. elistan macrumors 6502a