Backup tool for windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by I'mAMac, Jun 16, 2010.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I have an external HDD connected to my computer for windows but I don't really know of any easy backup tools like Time Machine or Carbon Copy. I have a few select programs on it but I want to cover my entire comp. Are there any equivalents of these for Windows that just backup your entire machine for easy restore? If so which ones do you guys think are the best? Thanks.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What version of Windows it is? At least 7 has integrated backup tool which works fairly well, think Vista has it too. I've used it and it seems to be pretty good. Not as good as TM but does its job

3. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I use Acronis True Image. It can make explorable images of entire drives. It can clone drives. I've used and relied on it for years without any problems.

4. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

I agree, and I wish I could find something as good for the mac

5. geek12 macrumors newbie

Backup tool for Windows

I recommend Handy Backup, it's easy and reliable backup tool (compatible with Windows OS), and works great...

6. theheyes macrumors regular

If you have Windows 7 look no further than the built-in tool. It works great.

7. iPostpone macrumors member

If you want something similar to Time Machine for backing up Windows, try Genie Timeline Pro. It's got similar functionality, but without the fancy user interface of Time Machine. The Pro version can also create a disaster recovery partition or DVD. I've been using it since version 1, and had to restore from a backup after a hard drive crash. It worked great.