Backup your files before accepting GoodReader update

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iThinman, Aug 16, 2010.

1. iThinman macrumors regular

No idea if this has anything to do with my individual config, but when installing the GoodReader update today, the application installed in a new directory and left it's data behind in the old.

This is no big deal if jailbroken, as you can easily use iFile to move the files over, but if not, I believe you would be hosered since the app is now pointing at a new directory and has no access to the previous.

Make sure to back up any data stored in the GoodReader folder prior to accepting the update.

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I installed the update and had no problem with it finding my previously installed PDFs.

3. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are you sure this isn't due to the document sharing workaround you were describing here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=994225

If so, nobody else needs to worry about losing their files, unless they read your post and tried to do the same thing!

5. iThinman thread starter macrumors regular

I'm almost positive it is. :D

I think GoodReader saw the symbolic link (or anything abnormal) and decided things were fubar. Pretty easy fix though to pop the link back in and made me even more happy that my docs are in a location the app doesn't know/care about.