backup

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gunthermic, Oct 22, 2010.

1. gunthermic macrumors 6502

I want a good backup of iTunes. What i mean is my PC is having some issues, and I may do a restore of the system, However I have a huge selection of movies loaded into iTunes from digtal copies of movies. I of course can copy the directory the movies are stored in. But how does one get a back up of all the DRM stuff to ensure once I reload iTunes I retain all those movies??

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just backup the movie files themselves. Once you have restored the computer, transfer those files back onto the computer and into iTunes. Look for the "Authorize this Computer" option in the one of the menus and that will allow you to play all of your DRM files.

3. gunthermic thread starter macrumors 6502

Does it not copy or put DRM related info into iTunes somewhere? Or does the fact I use same account in iTunes that it now knows?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It does save it to iTunes. But once you restore the computer the DRM info gets erased. You will to "authorize this computer" to add it back, then all your videos will play fine.