Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
I want a good backup of iTunes. What i mean is my PC is having some issues, and I may do a restore of the system, However I have a huge selection of movies loaded into iTunes from digtal copies of movies. I of course can copy the directory the movies are stored in. But how does one get a back up of all the DRM stuff to ensure once I reload iTunes I retain all those movies??

jmann

macrumors 604
Just backup the movie files themselves. Once you have restored the computer, transfer those files back onto the computer and into iTunes. Look for the "Authorize this Computer" option in the one of the menus and that will allow you to play all of your DRM files.

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Just backup the movie files themselves. Once you have restored the computer, transfer those files back onto the computer and into iTunes. Look for the "Authorize this Computer" option in the one of the menus and that will allow you to play all of your DRM files.

Does it not copy or put DRM related info into iTunes somewhere? Or does the fact I use same account in iTunes that it now knows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.