backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kailibur, Aug 31, 2011.

1. kailibur macrumors member

so with all this talk about just a trash ip4S instead of an ip5, what are you going to buy instead for a new phone if its just a minor upgrade? this isnt just curiosity, i want to take your opinion for selecting my backup. also, how much do you think apple profits will decrease if they release a ip4S instead of an ip5?

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Profits won't decrease, they'll increase..

3. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Profits won't decrease, because their are Apple junkies who have to buy every single thing Apple releases, even if it was shit wrapped in a box.

I love Apple, but if they think they can wait a year and a half and just upgrade the camera/processor, I'm not buying.

I'm hoping for the Samsung Galaxy S2, and that is something I NEVER thought I would say. But Apple is disappointing me. They better issue a redesign or I'm done.

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Profits will always increase with a new phone, as long as they are priced correctly (e.g. The phone costs $199, when it costs $180 to make).

Under no circumstances will Apple have negative profits anytime soon (Losses).

I think they'll release an iPhone 5, a major upgrade. Maybe with LTE in it. Maybe that's why they're pushing it back. Actually on second thought, no. It'll only be 4G. (HSPA+).

5. kailibur thread starter macrumors member

i guess i do sortof see that happening. there will always be some people who will just be "omfg, its NEW!! i have to have the 'new' one, even though its almost the same as the old one!!" sortof like the ipod touch 2g to the 3g, right?;):D:p

----------

i know they will never loose money, i just meant how much do you think they wont be making, but potentialy could be. (i.e. 3million/month down to 1.7million/month profit decrease)