Backup

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bslindgreen, Aug 14, 2013.

1. bslindgreen macrumors newbie

Hi

I have installed iOS7 on several of my devices. I have until now used icloud as my way to recover the contact, messages.... But now i have made an iTunes backup on the computer. Will that work the same way, or will it say that it's from an older version, and therefor it cannot be backed up.?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Why would it say it's an older version?

3. bslindgreen thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know, i just wanted to make sure it doesn't fail.

4. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I always use an iTunes backup, and I haven't had it fail yet. As long as you make the backup using iOS 7, and you restore using iOS 7, you should be fine. Be aware, though, that you can't restore an iOS 7 backup to a machine running iOS 6.

5. Jab00 macrumors regular

Wait wait wait... Please don't treat me like an idiot for this.. but is there really a way to recover messages from iCloud without doing an iCloud backup???

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

No, there is no way, and I don't think that was even suggested in this thread..

The OP was saying that he has always done restores of his data from iCloud. Now, he only has an iTunes backup and was wondering if that will restore all the same information.

7. Jab00 macrumors regular

Oh wow sorry about that... I just reread the OP and I guess I read it as he had never made an iCloud backup and was really confused.. scratch that!:eek: