Backups and U/G to Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by billy920, Aug 24, 2007.

1. billy920 macrumors newbie

I'm about to get my first Mac which will obviously come with Tiger but I plan to move to Leopard later in the year. The iMac will mainly be used for photo & video work so backups are going to be important (SuperDuper seems popular) but what about when moving to Leopard?

In the Windows world I'm used to backing up files, performing a fresh installation and then just dumping files back into My Documents. Some application settings are also backed up but not as many as I'd like. Has anyone got any suggestions around Aperture, iLife, iWork etc applications settings, image databases etc backups and how these could be easily moved into Leopard.

Thanks,

Will

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

As far as I know, you'll be fine just popping in the Leopard disc and upgrading. I've done loads of OS X upgrades and had no problems. (its great that you have good backup habits though)

The process is nothing like a Windows upgrade.

If you're hell-bent on doing a fresh install, it should be relatively simple to move over preference files etc. I'm sure guides will be posted soon after Leopard's release, a quick Google search for each application or a post here will yield a quick response (when the time comes).

Enjoy your new Mac!