Backyard-Pool Sound System

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheShinyMac, May 1, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Hey, I want to setup a nice sound system for my backyard this summer. What I want is to have enough speakers that it will sound great, but I dont want mega big ones:eek: I want a few maybe two to hang off my house. Then a few ones that can be positioned around the pool. Ideally I wish this could all be in 5.1 and that way with Air Tunes I can control everything with my iPhone. Oh yea I hope all this stuff is semi-weather proof

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

First, check with your neighbours that they don't mind ;)

3. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Wow, for a minute I forgot I was surrounded by cops, but I'll only blast it around sunset;) Anyone have any ideas for what to buy?

4. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

You could get some outdoor rock speakers for around the pool and hang some all weather speakers on the house.

like these...

http://www.4homespeakers.com/rockspeakers.html

Problem is, we don't know your budget or layout or anything else.

Noise is a big issue (believe it or not), so the house speakers need to aim down and any others should face your house.

I've seen some really cool speakers that look like aluminum lamps and really put out some nice bass for an outdoor space, but for the life of me, I can't find the link. They double as night lighting for the pool area and don't look like speakers. Pretty elegant if done nice.