Bad 2011 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rambosamboo, Mar 17, 2011.

1. rambosamboo macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2010
    Hi everyone,

Got my new MBP (2.2 Ghz Quad Core) on tuesday. Unfortunately, I am having issues with the device. When working in OSX I randomly get an error message forcing me to restart the device (see attachment).

I replaced the 750GB Apple stock drive with a OCZ Vertex 2 and made a clean install of OSX and also installed Bootcamp. Other than that I have kept the system unchanged (e.g. Apple stock ram is installed).

Also worth mentioning may be the fact that whenever I got the error message I had my Iphone connected to the MBP via USB (Internet tethering). Is there a possibility that this may be due to a faulty USB connection?

Can someone help me out? I love the MBP but I am wondering if I got a faulty device and should return it to Apple and ask for a replacement. Just set up the system nicely and would prefer keeping the device. However, i just want to make sure that my Macbook Pro is 100% ok. Any help would be much appreciated!

many thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Jan 13, 2008
    If you're getting kernel panics on brand new hardware and you can't figure out any pattern in what software you're running to reproduce it specifically, I'd definitely take it in for a Genius Bar appointment.
  3. Raymond Lui macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2008