BAD Apple :/ (SL Up to date)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ki2594, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

So from what i'm hearing everyone who did the up to date program doesn't get there disc friday? WHY? Some have had there order in for weeks...shouldn't the loyal customers that have bought a mac recently get some type of priority.

disappointing :/ its not that i can't wait, but i have to record my podcast with DRBUK (some may know the youtuber) and the first topic is snow leopard :(

BLAH

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Everyone is getting it early. Quit complaining? You knew when you were going to get it when you signed up, quit complaining.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I give up on you people. You get it a month early and you still complain. Next time just don't buy it at all, how's that? :rolleyes:

4. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no. from what i'm hearing apple said that if u ordered by today, you'll get it at the door friday (like with the iPhones)

I'm just mad at the fact that its different for the up to date program...for what reason?

they could have at least mentioned that fact though, cuz i would have much rather went in store to get it friday than in that scenario, you know?

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

They are two different discs and two different programs. Apple offers you SL at the discount price, since you went ahead and bought a computer knowing that a new OS was coming out. No where did they guarantee that it would arrive on release date.

They decided ship all preorders overnight, since those people are paying full price for the OS that they do not have to buy.

6. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

No, you're mad that someone else might get it before you do... Chill. You'll get it.

7. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

not really. i planned on having it installed by the time i do the podcast so we could talk about the upgrade experience, i don't care if someone has it before me lol. most people around here don't even know its coming (i mean in the community here)

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Then why did you make this thread at all?

9. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

to get an answer as to why its different for up to date users compared to others pre ordering it.

10. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Shouldn't have scheduled the podcast in August then. SL was to be released in September, remember? You are getting it early.

11. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

who said i planned it along time ago? lol i planned it with my partner and the guest coming earlier this week, and today we talked about how we could talk about snow leopard and the upgrade experience saturday since i thought ALL pre orders (up to date AND regular) would be at the door by friday, like the 3GS did.

12. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

See my other post above.

You should have looked at a previous OS release, not the 3GS release (since there is no UTD program for the iPhone). Leopard UTD discs did not arrive on release date either.

13. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yup, i got the answer from you, thanks. was just pointing out to the other poster as to why i made this topic.

oh really :/ i got my first mac in april, so i wasn't apart of the leopard release. thanks for that info.

14. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

I know where you're coming from.

We ordered our machines, fully aware that SL was coming and that we could upgrade for free ($9.95 shipping). We feel like 2nd class apple users since apple already has our money, they can send it out whenever they want to.

I think we'll get it the same day as the others. But if we don't, well thats what you get for helping apple's post-WWDC sales not slump...