Bad Apple Store experience San Tan Village Gilbert AZ

Discussion in 'iPad' started by abw2002, Jun 11, 2011.

1. abw2002 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just returned ipad2 for refund at Apple Store.  Backlight bleed. They refused to demonstrate replacement would not have same issue. First time I've been dissappointed with service at Apple Store and with Apple in general.

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

3. abw2002 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can't see the defect in the bright store. I'm not going to do this ridiculous cart multiple ones home before one is not defective thing. That's why I asked if we could test in lower light in the store. This was refused and I did not spend $1000 plus as a consequence. (smart cover & dock).

4. DavidG328 macrumors regular

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Sorry to hear that. I have had nothing but positive experiences at that location.

I see both sides of this coin. On one hand you have a customer that just wants to ensure they are buying a product that meets their personal standards. On the other hand, the retail locations are probably unwilling to allow a single customer to open multiple units that they may not purchase, leaving a wake of issues when other customers attempt to purchase the open box items (I'm sure it isn't fun explaining why the boxes are open and why there is no discount for such things).

One could argue that they should allow such checks to take place to ensure quality and customer satisfaction, but the rebuttal would be that your personal standards may be unrealistic and they are not willing to let you open 10 boxes in search of something that you may never find. In the end I'm not sure there is a right answer here.

I'd be interested to hear what Apple thinks about this light bleed situation. Do they acknowledge that there is a real issue? Or do they take the stance that it as an expected outcome and not a show-stopper for their general target audience (IE not hyper-sensitive power users)? We'll probably never know.

Hopefully you can find a solution or temper your expectations and have a positive outcome.

6. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

I'm really glad that you posted about your Apple store experience in Arizona on a world-wide forum that talks about Mac rumors. Thank you.

7. Meanee macrumors 6502a

In the iPad section, where people discuss things like apple store experiences, and a major problem affecting a great number of devices out there. Yes, how dare are they!!!
    :rolleyes:

8. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Get off your high horse. You come across like an as$ with posts like that.

9. Selfdestrukt macrumors member

IMHO

Anyone that has a little light bleed just wait til like 1 month before the 1 year warranty wears off and grab a "refurbed" new one that will likely have the light bleed issue resolved.

Then 1. You have a likely brand spanking new iPad 2

And 2. If your like me, will be buying the iPad 3 and have a spanking new iPad 2 to sell or give to a younger (or older) family member...

Quit being OCD and enjoy the product and stop looking for flaws

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

My sentiments exactly.

I agree.

11. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

You'll also get a brand new battery in the iPad 2 as well. :D

12. imahawki macrumors 6502a

That's kind of surprising. I usually have to tell them I'm REALLY REALLY sure I don't want them to open up whatever I'm buying and set it up for me.

13. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Sorry about the experience, I've always had great service and knowledge at that location.