bad apple

Discussion in 'iPad' started by master21, Mar 16, 2012.

1. master21 macrumors newbie

i got my iPad in the mail and it was perfect for 1 to 2 hours. then i noticed the back was getting very hot and the right half of the screen was dim. then the screen went out altogether and won't power on. i called apple and was on hold 3 or 4 different times while i talked to different people. they finally put me on with some iPad god guy

he told me it was a new problem and they could not ship me a new one right a way. they are going to ship me a box and i have to send my iPad in and then wait for them to ship me a new one.

needless to say i was not happy at all with that. so to calm me down he offered me a 6' iPad cord or a iPod shuffle lol. i told him what i thought of the iPod shuffle very bluntly. he then offered me a iPod nano. i could see this was going nowhere so i took it.

they said i should get the shipping box monday and then who knows how long until i get my new iPad

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

CL Nano for $80

3. arterio macrumors member

Maybe try going into an Apple store and see if they'll swap it. Bring in all your paperwork for the pre-order and stuff.

4. master21 thread starter macrumors newbie

i live 100= miles away

5. imeth macrumors regular

Bring it to apple store. Most stores will let you return

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

However to be fair to Apple, a few bad ones are bound to get shipped.

They mass produce these in massive quantities, they cannot all be perfect.

Apple will take care of it. I have no doubt.

7. iohass macrumors regular

could be just me, but i think a free ipod nano is not a bad tradeoff.. if you have no use for it, sell it

8. arterio macrumors member

That sucks. Hey, at least yours worked when you got it. This other guy's was driven over by the FedEx driver and delivered broken. LOL! That's ****** luck.

9. master21 thread starter macrumors newbie

i agree... just is gonna be hard seeing all those people with there new shinny iPads wile i wait for another week