Bad Audio: MacAir with Apple Thunderbolt Display

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by All In, Jul 18, 2012.

1. All In macrumors newbie

I just bought this combo a few weeks ago, and every time I use video conferencing the audio degrades and I have to shut it down. I've seen other posts online about similar problems with the ATD, but haven't seen any fixes.

Any recommendations? Would be really horrible if it doesn't work properly since that's what I was "sold" by Apple commercials, i.e. the perfect docking companion...

Thanks in advance.

2. All In thread starter macrumors newbie

bump to the top of the page.

From what I understand the only workaround is to use the sound processing out of the MacAir. I really hope that's not the case.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Does the display show up in System Preferences->Sound, Output mini-tab?

4. All In thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it does show up. I haven't found a fix, this is frustrating every time I do a video conference call past 5 minutes.

5. JimWPVB macrumors member

Same problem with MBA13 and TB display. Can switch audio back to MBA without loss of connection, but is a problem. Same issue with iTunes when listening to music for long period of time. I have not found a setting solution.

6. All In thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow that is really bad considering it's advertised as the "perfect companion" to the MBA. Any way to resolve this with Apple, would they take the ATD back? I guess I can always sell it 2nd hand. I guess the same problem would happen with a MacPro or MacMini?

Any other displays that people recommend?