My iPhone went through the washing machine. My first thought was, "darn." My second thought was, "take it apart and dry it out." So I did. Not my best moment, but it's apart and can go back together. In the end, I did get it dried out, but I still can't get it to work right. If I plug it into the wall charger I will get an endless reboot. I am able to get it into "restore" mode as well. If I plug it into the Mac, I don't see anything, though I can get it to appear in iTunes by putting it into DFU mode. All restores fail with an error 1601. Doing the DFU mode through a USB hub (with activity light) indicates that the power to the phone is lost in the middle of the process (and never restored). I've seen one report that a bad battery fits my symptoms. Volt meter tests: Battery plus to battery minus = 3.7V (as it should). Red wire on circuit board to black wire on circuit board = 0.6 volts. Red wire on circuit board to chassis (ground) = 0.6 volts. With the iphone plugged into the wall: Red wire to black wire = 3.8V (as it should) Red wire to chassis = 3.8 volts. I notice there is some sort of circuit board between the battery terminals and the actual wires that connect to the phone. I don't know what the board does. I'll probably try a new battery regardless, but would love to get additional opinions on this. Scott PS: After I took the phone apart I googled "iphone wash" and found that most people have good results just drying it out in a bag of rice. Too bad I didn't google that first.