General Bad Battery Life After Jailbreak And Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by matthew2926, Jan 2, 2014.

1. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

So I jailbroke my iPhone 5 on 7.0.4 and found that there were still too many bugs in the jailbreak for me to use it. So today I restored my phone to 7.0.4 and I found that the battery life is awful. After snowblowing a few driveways for no more that 3 hours, I found that my battery had gone from 77% to 55% while being in standby the whole time. Is anyone else experiencing this? Before jailbreaking, my battery would go down about 20% after being in standby for a whole day. Is there any fix???

2. iaymnu macrumors 6502

Restore as new and not from backup.
    Not sure what bugs? you are experiencing. But I see no significant battery draining on my 5s.

3. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

I had a similar issue with my Air the JB was draining the battery so I restore to stock. but kept having battery issues so I did a complete restore again and charged to 100% and left in the charge for about 2 hrs extra. now it works fine. I don't know how it'll work on your iphone5?

4. matthew2926 thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe it just needs a charge to calibrate it. I haven't charged it since restoring it. Also, I have a registered UDID so I tried restoring to iOS 7.1 beta 2 and my battery life seems to be fine. It still drains a little more than normal but definitely not as bad as with 7.0.4. I think that once I charge it it should be back to normal.