Bad battery life on 4 week 6s+ that Genius bar won't replace

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jusoi, Jan 29, 2016.

1. jusoi macrumors newbie

I've had two trips to the Apple Store this week. On my first trip (Monday 1/25) I went to the Genius bar and they told me I should restore my phone and set it up as new and don't back it up. I went home and right away I followed the guy's instructions. Today (Friday 1/29), I went to the Genius bar and had an unpleasant trip. He kept assuring me that I have great battery life and I'm tripping over nothing. I only get 3 hours usage, and I end up at 10-20% battery. The Genius kept insisting me that there was nothing wrong with the battery, and I was getting 7-9h. I asked him why does it say that I'm only getting 3h usage, and he said that usage only represents the time I'm "touching and tapping" the screen. I knew right away this wasn't the case. I know Usage means the time I'm actively using the phone and Standby is when the phone off the charger. I feel like the Genius deceived me in a way. They've been insisting that the battery is perfect, and in a way, I'm the problem. Is there any way I could get this replaced. I don't plan on going back. Is there a way I could call Apple Support and have them replace it over the phone, or will they tell me the same thing again. I clearly know 3 hours of usage is not normal doing normal things like surfing the web and listening to music.

TL;DR: Went to Genius bar 2 times, didn't get issue resolved first time, went back, second guy deceived me, still have sucky battery.

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

A screen shot of your battery stats from Settings would help us understand.

3. monnyblack1 macrumors regular

monnyblack1

4. I7guy macrumors G5

There are a lot of causes to bad battery life. If you run a newly setup phone without 3rd party apps how is your battery life?

5. freedomisle macrumors regular

You could try a different Apple Store. I've had some bad experiences in Apple Stores, I was told a screen with seriously bad light bleeding was within manufacturing tolerances. If it is still within two weeks of purchase you can return it under buyers remorse.

I have found my experiences at the Apple Store varies depending on the assistant, you could try speaking to someone else.

6. Alexrat1996 Suspended

7. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

You probably have your brightness turned up all the way or left it on never auto lock.