Bad battery life or not?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by MrEnergie, Nov 25, 2011.

1. MrEnergie macrumors newbie

I recently got my first iPhone, the 4S. Coming from Android with horrible battery life, I do not know whether my iPhone has the battery bug or not.

I am running IOS 5.0 and my usage is this:

Usage: 2 Hours, 46 minutes
    Standby: 10 Hours, 30 minutes

It is on 55% right now.

Is this normal or am I affected?

Thanks

2. BERRYP186 macrumors member

It seems to be the case my wifes 4s seems to speed more time on the charger than in use. Even with the lates and greats up date:mad:

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

That is perfectly fine

4. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Looks good and as if you were/are on track to hit the 8hrs talk time. Keep in mind, that's just a figure/spec from Apple. Real life you don't ever get just 8hrs talk time. What most forget is when you're surfing, the screen is lit and when you're talking it's not, etc...lots of variables.

Bottom line, what I gauge it's battery life as is do I get a full day (often 18hrs) of what I use it for in before it needs charged. In my world, I absolutely do and then some.

5. RosyT macrumors newbie

Carry around your charger like i do. Quick sit down in a friends house and steal their electricity! ;) hahah x

6. srowndedbyh2o macrumors regular

1030 pm. Unplugged iPhone from charging, showing 100%. Went to bed. At 0600 am, battery completely dead. Plugged phone into my iMac, took about 5 minutes before it had enough juice to chime and iTunes to recognize the phone was plugged in.
    When I leave the phone plugged in to charge it, on occasion, gets very warm (not "charging" warm, or watching Netflix warm) but almost "HOT", so I'm kinda paranoid about leaving it plugged in all night.
    Never had these problems with my 3G.:(

7. tranceFusion macrumors member

This is about what I get - 5 hours and a day of standby. It seems bad to me coming from a Droid X, but I've also been wondering if its normal for 4s.

8. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

This is what I get

Attached Files:

9. white4s Suspended

the most ive gotten so far is barely 6 hours usage and 30 hours of standby. you can say its normal all you want but 6 hours of usage is terrible. one dude posted 11 hours which is amazing

10. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU DO!

its been said a million times.

If i put pandora on wifi, lock the phone and just let it play all day, i can get 18 hours of usage, come here, post a screenshot, and give everyone panic attacks.

I think most of you posting these 8+ hour battery shots are full of shet in one way or another.

11. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular