Bad Battery Questions!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by noodle654, Jan 23, 2009.

1. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I have never seen this before. Last night my battery health was at 89% with 90 cycles...now, I am on battery power and I have 39% health 1669 out of 5500....what the heck happened??

Anybody have any tips...

2. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

Bad battery

Yep. It happened to me last week. Overnight went from good health to 28%, with a "Check Battery" message under Condition.

My MBP is 18 months old. Although under AppleCare, Apple batteries generally are only covered for the first year. For MBP of about my age, however, they have extended the warranty to 2 years.

It took about 37 minutes on the phone with Apple, but they ended up sending a new battery overnight, which is now installed in my MBP and doing well.

You might want to read the policy on the Apple Support site. It is associated with update 1.2. There are also links in the threads here, generally from a few months ago when most people seem to have started having their problems.

Here is a link to Apple's statement on these defective batteries:

http://www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

If it is easy for you to do so, it might be faster to go into an Apple Store. The folks on the telephone were not really familiar with the policy, kept trying to suggest I go into an Apple Store, but eventually were able to help me out with a replacement battery.

Good luck!

3. noodle654 thread starter macrumors 68020

noodle654

Thanks!

I managed to get my battery back up to 90% again...but now I am down to 25%. I am ready to call AppleCare and get a new one. This is unacceptable for a 16 month battery with 91 cycles. Anybody else have any tips on this one?