Bad Cursor Key Repair?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PTVMan, Jul 2, 2016.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I have a rMB and the right cursor key seems stuck in the down position but still works if I press hard enough. Is this something that can be repaired at the Apple Store Genius Bar?

2. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

Certainly they will accept the machine for repair. I had a keyboard replaced and they had to send the machine offsite. So it took a few days to complete the repair.

Remember to backup your data before taking the rMB into the store.

3. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

They indeed have shipped it out to be repaired, including a new battery because it didn't pass the combined test. Hope to get it back this week.

4. apb87 macrumors member

Have you tried using compressed air around the keys? A couple of times something small got stuck on the edge of certain keys, but giving them a few good taps and using the compressed air did the trick for me..

5. TH3D4RKKN1GH7, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016

TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

I've had a few keys get stuck and then kind of unstuck. I like this keyboard but it has been a pain in that regard. As of right now, my L key is stuck something awful. It registers but man I've got to kind of whack it a bit. I'm going to try the compressed air trick.

EDIT: Christ, I just blew around the L key, WITH MY MOUTH, and the key is unstuck. LOLOLOLOL!