Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tominga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Hi, I have problems with email formating in Lion and Mail app. In preferences there is set Tahoma 10pt for emails and also signature is created with Tahoma 10pt. first problem is that I see the characters too small almost for magnifing scope, but in reality Tahoma 10pt is good enaugh (experiences with Win and PC). When I send the email, the receiver see it in some serif font, not Tahoma, and another size than 10pt. By receiver signature is in Tahoma font but much bigger than 10pt. I dont understand where is the problem. Does anybody have the same problem and solution?

Thank you.

NorthDakota91

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2011
Italy
Hi, I have problems with email formating in Lion and Mail app. In preferences there is set Tahoma 10pt for emails and also signature is created with Tahoma 10pt. first problem is that I see the characters too small almost for magnifing scope, but in reality Tahoma 10pt is good enaugh (experiences with Win and PC).

10pt is a little small IMHO. I've set it to 12pt in my prefs. Maybe the PC manages the fonts differently compared to the Mac

When I send the email, the receiver see it in some serif font, not Tahoma, and another size than 10pt. By receiver signature is in Tahoma font but much bigger than 10pt. I dont understand where is the problem. Does anybody have the same problem and solution?

Thank you.

Are you sure that the receiver's mail app does not override the custom font in the mail? Are you sure that you send your email in HTML format (and not the plain text)? Does the receiver PC have Tahoma font installed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.