Bad Experience with Apple Store

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mktb, Jun 22, 2008.

1. mktb macrumors newbie

So, I have this problem with my MacBook Pro Penryn that makes it freeze every 20 hours or so. (It just starts to lock up at one point during the day.) Reinstalling OS X using clean reinstall didn't help either, so I made an appointment at the Apple Store Genius Bar.

The guy there told me that he would reinstall OS X and then he would have to take it to run tests on it to see if it did indeed have that 20 hour problem. I was :| to this (since I have to use this machine daily and it was my only machine, and the guy said that they didn't have any loaners.) But I let the guy reinstall OS X on the machine, and he installed the Desktop version of OS X, which I noticed when my trackpad was being sluggish and that multi-touch support stopped working. (Double finger scroll, etc.)

So I went to another Apple Store and hoped for better luck. Guy said the same thing, but had a "new" idea of reinstalling OS X and doing some stuff to it. I said OK, he reinstalled OS X, and turns out that the OS X installer WAS the right one for laptops (not desktops this time.) However, when I went home, System Preferences was messed up, and keychain items stopped working (my login keychain was gone, and trying to do Keychain First Aid resulted in a The application Keychain Agent quit unexpectedly.

So now I'm at home reinstalling OS X for what is probably the third time today from my own DVD.

Four and a half hours at the Apple Store and about two more hours now (not to mention another hour or two getting all my data restored from my backup) wasted.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry you had a bad time of it :(

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Never heard of desktop/laptop versions of OSX... Isn't there only one install disc? :confused:

4. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I would guess they would use the Restore Disc for the particular computer being used. Generally freezing on a Mac after having re-installed the OS indicates a hardware problem. Sorry for your bad luck. You just have to keep pressuring them.

5. ihabime macrumors 6502

I'm sorry that they couldn't fix your MBP, but in the many posts you've made about this issue nearly everyone has told you that it's a hardware issue and that it would have to be left with Apple to be fixed. By keeping it you're only hurting yourself, surely you can part with it for a few days. I fail to see how this is Apples fault, the time was wasted because you would rather complain here than let them do their job.

6. ankushpatel macrumors regular

hey mate

hey mate, call apple care, and talk to customer care, its a special department, tell them your issue, they will sort you out, dont worry.