Bad logic board in MP 5,1

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ssls6, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

I'm pretty sure my logic board is bad in my MP 5.1. I had flakey behavior on power up or sleep but now I've lost ethernet port 1 and any time the machine tries to sleep it immediately restarts. I have removed all hardware but one drive, one clean install of 10.9.5, no other software, and the problem still exists so I know it's the machine.

So my question to any who have taken their cheese graters in to apple, what should I expect for a logic board replacement? How long will my down time be? I have apple care so I'm asking just about time not cost.

2. EvilMonk macrumors regular

EvilMonk

I didn't take it to Apple but did it myself and for a backplane board for a 2010 (5,1) mac pro you can expect to pay around 550$ without any labor... with labor I can guess it will cost you around 80 to 100$ per hour if its not under warranty anymore... probably will take around 2-3 hours for them to change the board + test it. so I guess around 7-800$. Depending on the time it take them to get the part and the backlog on service they already have 2-3 days I guess. Good luck!

3. ssls6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ssls6