Bad Logic Board

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hobiecatter, Aug 26, 2013.

1. hobiecatter macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4s that has a bad logic board from replacing the front and back glass. Not sure what went wrong other than not using a grounding strap and mush have shorted something during the handling because it was working before and all went together correct.

Looking on ebay I see they sell the bare logic boards with no IC, or connectors. just the board for relatively cheap.

I was wondering if anyone has bought a bare board and how easy it would be to transfer all of the stuff from the old one to the new logic board. I can take the phone apart and get to the board no problem, but didn't really examine the board much to see what how difficult it is. Is there a guide somewhere?

It would save me a LOT of money to go this route reather than buy a replacement logic board with all of the componenents already connected.

Also, what are my chances that it is something faulted in the board and not any of the components that I would be transferring over to the new bare board?

2. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

make sure you check the imei number before you purchase.. some have issues with activation, carrier bar... etc. but it may be cheaper to do this..

3. hobiecatter thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thank you I will.

But do you or ANYONE know how involved it is to move all of the IC components from the old logic board to the new one since the new one is just a bare board?

4. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

you mean the connectors for the lcd etc? should already have these stuck on there, i'm sure?

5. hobiecatter thread starter macrumors newbie

no, please read my original post. It is a bare board and the question I'm trying to answer is how difficult is it to move all of the components from the used board to the new bare board.

here is a picture of what the new board looks like....

[​IMG]

I have no idea, does this require to be soldered, or does it all just snap in?

6. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

If you have to ask that question you are not going to be able to do it...

You are talking about moving surface mounted hardware... 'nuff said... :eek:

7. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

this is what i meant in my origanal post.. if i was you don't waste your money on that and buy a non-bared logic board with everything on it..

8. old-wiz macrumors G3

I can't imagine anyone at home being able to do this without some very expensive equipment, plus it would be very easy to destroy the logic board or components with one slip of the hand.

9. hobiecatter thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasn't sure I could do a front and rear glass change on my own, but after asking and looking around, I realized I could. And I did! So that's why I questioned this.

Just wasn't sure how this was all connected to the logic board as I don't have it out of the phone at the moment.

----------

Your original post was encouraging me to do it???

----------

Thank you, that's all I was looking for. It looked difficult just from looking at that bare logic board, but I was looking for a reconfirmation.