Bad luck with iPhone -_-

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jetlitheone, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

So I had the iPhone 6 and loved it but had a dead pixel..

had to drive to the apple store and swap it.

I than realized I wanted a 6 plus so I gave my gf my 6 and bought the 6 plus.

I received it and put the screen protector on.

I noticed that the home button was sort of scraping the edges of the cutout and its driving me crazy.

I kind of don't want to swap it because I like the box to match the serial of the phone. But there is definitely gonna be none in stock so I'll have to stick with a white box unit. Im sure it'll be new but it still is an annoying drive and just a hassle. I know I can pay 30$ for a mail-in replacement but thats even more of a hassle at this point.

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Is it possible that the flaw is in the screen protector/cutout instead?

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Return it, and wait for the 6 Plus to be in stock.

Or

Depending on where you live, in U.S, you have 14 days to return/exchange the device. Just use the device you have now and deal with it. Keep checking istocknow.com and when the 6 Plus becomes available, then go get it exchanged.

I got my 6 Plus on Launch day, had some cosmetic defect, which bothered me. Waited and kept checking istocknow.com and when it was available, I made my way to the Apple store and got it exchanged.

4. shabanggg macrumors member

damn bruh..def a refurbished unit..I would NOT get a geniuis bar replacement phone when you can return and rebuy a BRAND NEW ONE WITH MAXING BOX!!! I have a pixel dead too..I went the advanced replacement route..you should look into that..they are shipping me a brand new phone in a retail box, sealed with the plastic wrap - just like how i demanded.

5. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Took it off, it still did it also the shield doesn't come close to the button.

The last day to return is tomorrow so :|

----------

How'd you request that?

Like what did you say?

6. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

So they won't do crap.

They want me to take a white box replacement or return and wait...

wtf.

7. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

How did you find out about the dead pixel. Did you use some kind of test?

8. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

I saw it with my own eyes

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL demanded. Entitled much?

OP, just return it. I don't know there's really an issue but Apple can check it.

10. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can but I'd have to be without a phone and wait till one is in stock... Sucks.

Might just take the white box replacement and deal with it. I know it'll be know this early on anyways.

11. CarRamRod macrumors member

What is a "white box" replacement? At this point I thought there were no refurbs and all new iphones come in a 'white box.'

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

This early in the 6 sales, they likely are all new. But, at the rate people are returning and with only very small problems, you can bet some of these returns are going right back into a white box.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is a brown box replacement, usually. The iPhone box is white as you say.

14. coolio93 macrumors 6502

I had to replace my iPhone 6 due to backlight leak on the top left of the screen. I also wanted the serial number of the iPhone to match my box so I took my box with me and the apple genius (love how they are called that lol) printed out a new label to put on my box and just put it over the old label.

Unfortunately new screen is worse than the last one but at this point, Apple is tryna make as many iPhones as they can and I'm only going to replace it again once production slows down and factory defects are fixed.

15. jetlitheone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Didn't know they'd do that. Does the label look legitimate?

16. coolio93 macrumors 6502

It doesn't look like the factory label but it does look professional. The words on this label are darker and a bit bigger and the only category missing is the SIM card number.