Bad Luck...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dryice0077, Jun 11, 2009.

1. dryice0077 macrumors newbie

I have a iPhone 3G that is water damaged, it got left in the rain for 20 mins, then it fell into a bucket of water. The sleep button won't work, theres a crack in the screen. Many dead pixles, speaker phone won't work, the "up" on the volume rocker doesn't work to well. Theres moments where it will suddenly lose signal and i have to restart it (a very difficult task when the power button won't work.

Am i screwed for another year?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

The damaged you sustained is irrelevant to whether you are "screwed." If you have fulfilled you contractual obligations to AT&T and they feel you qualify for the subsidized rate for a new phone, then no, you are not "screwed." Check with your online AT&T account and you can see the date you qualify for a subsidized phone.

Otherwise make do with what you've got or pony up!

3. dryice0077 thread starter macrumors newbie

i should of added more details to my original post:
    Upgrade: 5/10/10
    and i cant buy ANY phone for under $120
    so they don't have ANY kind of "early upgrade" anything...

4. Jman14 macrumors 6502

If you are more than 1 yr into your contract then you get any phone you want at the price new customers pay plus $75 dollars early upgrade fee but i bet if you argue with ATT they will waive it

5. joro macrumors 68020

joro

You know my wife actually had a phone which she errantly left on the edge of a bathtub full of water. Leave it to our cat to think it's a toy and push the dang thing right in the water which was discovered by my wife maybe 5-10 minutes later. After drying for 48 hours, the phone miraculously turned back on and has worked like a champ ever since. I'll be giving her my 16gb 3G next week but I must say I am very impressed to see that it survived the abuse.

6. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Apple will replace your current iPhone with a refurbished unit for $199 out of warranty replacement fee.

OR you can buy a 3GS for $399/499 early upgrade pricing.
    OR you can look on ebay/craigslist and find a replacement phone to purchase.

Under the contract you only need to continue service with ATT. You are not required to have an iPhone or the data plan attached for all of the 2 years.