Bad Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reasoned, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Reasoned macrumors newbie

Reasoned

When attempting to login to a particular messageboard my login always fails & comes up as invalid password, or username.Even after re-registering under another e-mail acct.
    I have checked my security protocols ect and cannot find the problem, the administrator insists nothing is wrong. Where else should I look within Mac to identify the issue?

This may not be a huge problem to anyone here but it is as frustrating as all-giddyup to me.
    THANKS!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Try a different browser. Try private browsing. Disable plugins. Try a different computer on a different network.

3. Reasoned thread starter macrumors newbie

Reasoned

Thanks!
    Already tried other browsers. Firefox & Chrome, uninstalled all expired downloads, uninstalled a bunch of others.
    Will try disabling all plugins as you suggested. I've heard of "private browsing" but have no idea how to do it.
    I'm shockingly backwards on a lot of functions normal for other users.:eek:
    :eek:

4. Reasoned thread starter macrumors newbie

Reasoned

OK, private browsing WAS turned on, adblock now disabled along with all extentions.
    Will see if this works. BRB

5. Reasoned thread starter macrumors newbie

Reasoned

6. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

7. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

Roll back till when it was working?

8. Reasoned thread starter macrumors newbie

Reasoned

Browser is set to accept all cookies right now.
    Will try other suggestion of digging thru history to when I could login.
    what's rollback?
    Thanks everyone!

9. Reasoned thread starter macrumors newbie

Reasoned

Nope, nothing worked. Still trying to figure it out.
    suggestions?

10. mstrze, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

mstrze macrumors 68000

I think ZebOfMac is suggesting going back using Time Machine to a point (maybe a day or two ago) at which you could log-on.

Now that you have played with this for a while, is it possible that you could be using the wrong username or password? Maybe the old account's details instead of the new one?

Clearing out the cache and cookies and flipping from 'Private Browsing' and back and restarting the browsers should have cleared up any issues.

Being that it transcends browsers and others using those forums aren't having issues, you really have to investigate whether it is user error...i.e. username/password incorrectness. :eek:

I actually couldn't get into my work PC a few months ago...I typed in what I thought was my username...but it was wrong. Even though I had typed in hundreds of times before, for some reason I was convinced it was something else. I felt like a real doofus. :)