Bad mouse performance on MBP 13" with with Logitech mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pjny, Jan 23, 2011.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have the Logitech MX510 wired USB mouse and it works perfectly(or as intended) on all the Windows 7/Dell machines I have hooked up to a Dell 24" machine. Movement of the mouse pointer is smooth and stops on a dime/pixel.

I noticed that the performance of the MX510 is herky-jerky plugged into the MB PRO 2010(late model) 13" running OSX 10.6.6. I have sensitivity to max but it seems like i need to keep moving the mouse twice to get to a destination because it stalls half way. Seems sluggish and imprecise.

Are mac mouses better with MBP?

The MBP touchpad seems to be the most responsive way to navigate the mouse pointer on the MBP running OSX 10.6.6. Do you have the same problem? The MBP touchpad also seems imprecise running Windows 7 in Bootcamp.

Thanks.

2. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Strange. I have 2 wireless mouse devices from Logitech and they both work perfectly on my Mac. One goes via USB, and the other one is connected via Bluetooth.

Could there be something wrong with the USB controller on your computer?

3. Kartou macrumors newbie

I used alot of time trying to fix mouse performance on my MX512 when I moved from PC to MAC. I hated the mouse acceleration curve on the mac. After alot of research I found a program called USB Overdrive....solved my problems :)

http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html