Bad News for 3rd party Apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bernie-Mac, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

i was just thinking, AppTapp said that their new gui is going to be released between October 20-30, and i think its safe to say that an iphone update is going to be released with Leopard on the 26th that might be pretty enticing...if i were these hackers i wouldve just given up by now, i mean 1.1.1 was a bitch to break and im sure Apple is going to break all these jailbreaks and unlocks with their new update and they may very well make it 2x harder to hack this time around, and plus this "official app developer" for the iphone supposedly coming in January will make no need for the dev team anymore...now as an avid apptapp-er and hacker this is bad news but its just not looking good for hackers

2. jasonsmith macrumors member

I am in my happy place right now in regards to usability and applications (3rd Party) on the iPhone. I honestly couldn't care less what happens in the future. I have zero plans on upgrading.

If there is a strong enough demand the hacking will continue. If it ceases then there is probably something better in the market worth shifting resources too.

I am patiently waiting for the next cool phone.

3. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

yeah, I'll probably wait to hack my 1.1.1 iPhone until apple's next update just to be safe (if apple were to start bricking phones w/ 3rd party apps). but seriously, I can't wait for apple to start encouraging native app development. Finally there will be a way to run third party applications on my iPhone and not live 1 step behind updates just to have the apps.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

lol, please be realistic, leopard has minimum effects on iPhone,

iPhone won't be 64bit, won't have time machine, won't have space. won't have any new features of leopard due to hardware limitations.

even if apple were to release an update, it won't be changing it to "leopard core", it will be more likely just to brick more hacked phones.

5. Marcjcd macrumors member

Where did you see that Apptapp announced their new GUI will be our between Oct. 20 and 30... I haven't seen that anywhere.

Also I agree that once Apptapp does release the installer for 1.1.1 that I will use it and not update again until something substantial comes from Apple.