bad news

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tybo, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Tybo macrumors newbie

bad news i i was stuck with the white screen of death did a full restore still white screen so i called apple and he said its a software problem and i set up a appointment at genius bar im worried that he will find out that its been jailbroken even tho all you see is a white screen because when i called a week ago and told the lady at apple about my problem she said the dont provide support for jailbroken phone and i didnt even tell her i did it but she was like im not suggestion you jailbroke it but we dont support jailbroken phones. is the white screen of death only happen to jailbroken or all iphones

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

If you did a full restore and are still having the problem they probably will not have any way of being able to tell that it was jailbroken.

Try writing sentences that aren't a hundred words long.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

4. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Put it to DFU Mode and take it back to the Genius Bar, book an appointment with another genius.

5. Tybo thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

If you put it to DFU mode there's no way a genius can tell from looking at it that it's been jailbroken unless it was the genius you saw before. Just book a different one and it will be all good. It's best if you go to another Apple Store.

7. jns2001 macrumors regular

A friend of mine gave me once an iPhone to take to the apple store to have the battery replaced, I went there and I not even care to turn the phone on. When the genius turned it on, instead of an apple it had a pineapple on startup, the guy told me that he could replace the battery if he could restore the phone to a non jail broken state, at that point I was so pissed at my friend that I told the guy at the store to do what he thought it was necessary, he reinstalled the apple os, and gave me a refurb with a brand new battery. Florida mall store in Orlando.

8. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

9. Tybo thread starter macrumors newbie

wait i never went to a genius bar yet i talked to a apple person on the phone? so i thought the white screen of death was just a jailbroken phone thing or is it just all iphone problems

10. NickkyJ macrumors regular

put it in DFU mode hold the power button and menu