Bad news!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GoodBoy, Nov 28, 2007.

1. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Hi!
    Here's my story:

I have 42 week with bad screen. Yesterday I went to Apple service and gave them my ipod for repair. It's not Apple's own service (they're authorized but not apple's own) so the serviceman was able to give me some more inforamtion than in Apple Store (they are strictly reserved in information to what Apple told them). The service man informed me that there was bad screen factory and Apple recently canceled any cooperation with them, but thi isn't solving the problem yet, because the factory produced thousends of defective screens and sure they are not putting them in trash. They still putting it in new ipods. The guy informed me that the best way to get a good screen is for new customers to wait till after 20 more production cycles/weeks when factories in china gonna have out of stock defective screens. This means that if you buy ipod manufactured before 40week + 20weeks (i don't know what week exactly it wil be, but sure gonna be fist months next year) there is a possibility to get a defective screen. The guy also infromed me that there is another screen faytory that produces good screens.

2. Trooperof3 macrumors regular

3. GoodBoy thread starter macrumors 6502