Bad O2 build quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SilentLoner, Mar 13, 2008.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I have recently got my second replacement for my 16 gb iphone off o2 insure and the build quality is rather shocking! I have had it less than 48 hours and I instantly put it in a incase official iphone case off apple store and it has develop two small marks on the silver back of the phone. I know it sounds like not a big deal but after only 36hours I shouldn't have any marks on it should I? What should I do? I could phone o2 insure but they would just laugh me off as their first replacement had a faulty wifi (they are all brand new iphones as they were sealed when I got the replacements)

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Surely your problem lies with incase and not O2 or Apple? :confused:

;)

3. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

No but it served my previous 8gb and 16gb (before it went loopy) fine.

4. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

and it is a big deal to me :p

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

did you get a 16GB as a replacement for a 8GB?

Just curious... I think if the case is causing damage to your iPhone though, its quite possibly the case rather than the iPhone itself, unless apple have changed the quality of the bezel?

6. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

My month-old 16 GB iPhone has two small marks on the back, too, and I feel like I've taken excelltn care of it without a case. I can't take a picture of it at the moment (how do you take a picture of a cameraphone without a second camera?), but one is a scuff directly to the right of the Apple logo, somewhat in the bite mark, and the other is in the upper right corner approximately opposite the camera.

7. natwii60 macrumors newbie

i have this problem as well with my refurbished 8gb. it seems as though there are bite marks but there on the sides of the phone. they are noticable under certain lighting.

8. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

Look, I know the iPhone is a tasty piece of technology, but the expression "tasty" is a homonym of "excellent and good-looking" and "has a pleasant taste when I try and eat it." Don't try and eat your iPhone.

9. natwii60 macrumors newbie

no i didnt try eat it. i guess it got some dirt built up and a rub on it caused it to scratch. sucks but ill live with it till i get a new iphone in june.