Bad Performance with my new Samsung SSD 840 pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by smallvillee, Feb 6, 2013.

1. smallvillee macrumors newbie

Feb 6, 2013
    Hey Got a Mac Pro. This model:
    Ported my system drive to the new SSD (840 pro 256 GB). I know this SSD has really good seq. write/read specs (500 mb/s)... Made a Speedtest with Blackdist and i only got read:260 mb/s and write: 270 mb/s... This is kinda lame... Called the Applesupport, but they only gave me the Link zu the specs page otherwise i would need to open a ticket witch costs about 50 €?!?! WTF they selled me a modular desktop computer for 4k and cant give me any support! Im really disappointed with this and i hope you guys can help me out here. Maybe its because of the SATA-Bus?? Think i saw in the specs window that i only have 3Gb/s... Does that mean 300 mb/s max??

Thx guys for the help
  2. Giuly, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Your best bet is the Apricorn PCIe SATA 6GBit/s Upgrade kit for SSDs. Make sure to get the PCIe x2 version though, the other one is limited to 500MB/s. Or you get the Sonnet Tempo SSD Pro, which gives you the option to install a second SSD if you ever need it.
  3. spravtek macrumors member

Jul 17, 2012
  4. smallvillee thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 6, 2013
    Yeah thx. Guys this looks great! Only got one PCI/E left free but this is an option! Cant wait to get one of these!