Bad power supply to logic board cause grafical problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ritte, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Ritte macrumors regular

I have grafical problems with my mbp (SR 8600gt) and thought I had problems with the screen or the grafic card (8600gt - known program).
    Here are som pics of the problem:
    http://i44.tinypic.com/15xx3du.jpg
    http://i43.tinypic.com/b6znef.jpg

After the problem the screen goes black and I must restart the computer. I connected the mbp to an external screen and the same problem is displayed there.

I went to my AASP and thougth they would fix it (since the nvidia-program is prolonged to 3 years).
    They said that the problem is "problem with power supply to the logic board".
    I've never haid problem with the power supply. It loads and runs well with power supply and there is no other signs of power supply problems, just the grafical ones.

Does anyone heard of this problem before?
    Is the problem caused by me or is it a factory-made fault? In sweden we have laws that give us right to repair factory-made problems.

2. core2duo macrumors member

You have a problem with your graphics card. If your MacBook has the NVIDIA 8600 GT card, Apple has a repair program in effect for this issue.

3. Ritte thread starter macrumors regular

I thought that too but my aasp says that the primary fault isn't that. Because of that the program is not valid for me, according to them.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Nope. That's looking like a failed/faulty GPU to me.

5. Ritte thread starter macrumors regular

Everywhere I posted these pictures, people says that there is a fault in the GPU.
    Well, my AASP thought that too but their test showed otherwise.
    Is there a reason for them to lie?

Anyway, my AASP says that the nvidia-program doesn't cover my problem.