Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocktofakie3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I have a Macbook and heres what happens..

I downloaded and install adobe CS5,

After Effects
Illustrator
Bridge
Contribute
Dreamweaver
Flash Catalyst
Flash Pro
InDesign
Premiere Pro
Photoshop

and now my screen does this every once in a while and if i log out and log back in it goes away..

2zgxbmr.png

My specs:
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Snow Leopard 10.6.3
I have 90.75 GB left on HDD
Anyone else have this problem?
It does this every once in a while, Mainly after i use Adobe Products could it be cause it uses x64 bit? and after a while when the program is closed it messes with the GFX card?

Well, im going to try and not run the programs listed above and see if it happens..

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
the fact that the artifacts are showing up in a screenshot, I think indicates that there's a problem with the GFX card.

It could be hardware, or driver related. It will be interesting to note what the results are if you don't run the problme apps.

rocktofakie3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I tried what someone said on another forums..

No No it's unlikely to be a GFX card problem. Yes on windows machines that may be the problem, but a lot of the errors caused on Mac are software related. I had similar issues and just did some routine maintenance to clear it up.

Here's what I did:

Go to disk Utility and run Disk Permission Repair and Disk Repair. If disk repair is greyed out, boot from your SL disc and run it from there.

That cleared up one of my problems which was very glitchy shadows around everything, similar to what you have.

The issue was caused by the 10.6.3 update, so you may want to either revert, or wait for a new update. Go to Sofware update and check.

If that doesn't work then let me know, also it doesn't matter if you have pirated software on your Mac, they don't check for that at all.

So i hope that works....

rocktofakie3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Yeah that's what I figured cause I would be system wide, log in other account etc and I wouldn't randomly come..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.