bad rants about new MBP line

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Badrottie, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have seen so many disappointments from Apple lovers…If they are not buying new 2012 MBP means Apple is down and Tim Cook is out of CEO…...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple will sell millions of the new MBPs, despite the negative reactions you read from a very tiny minority in some internet forums. Tim Cook's job is quite secure.

3. iMusings macrumors member

What disappointments?

I am giving the current RMBP a pass, but I am not in denial that the product is a flop, it will sell millions. Possibly even billion.

4. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

you are personally concerned that Tim Cook might be out of a job?

seriously?

If anything, I think we should be personally concerned that Apple is or isn't producing amazing products every year. For what it's worth, I'm finally getting another mac notebook after my 12in G4 died ~ 4 years back.

5. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

But what about power users who want to upgrade memory? Or I could be wrong Mac Pro is a power machine than MBP?

6. jcpb macrumors 6502a

Haters gonna hate.

Nothing to worry about honestly.

7. Marrakas macrumors 6502

Marrakas

There's still a MBP you can upgrade yourself.

8. pragmatous macrumors 65816

Then get the regular MBP?

9. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Using ridiculous numbers makes you look very foolish. Do you honestly think Apple will sell over 2 trillion dollars worth of MacBooks? Get a grip man.

10. iMusings macrumors member

Then you are using it wrong.

----------

Hey, I am not saying I am buying it. But with more and more people like you, my hopes for Apple are high. Myopicism seems to be all the rage these days. What's next after this whole sealed Mac charade I wonder? Perhaps after paying for the Mac, we need a monthly subscription to keep it running!

11. mrbutters macrumors regular

$2200 and $2800 for what is essentially a netbook with a better quality screen? I seriously doubt these things are going to sell too well at all. Rather than adding things they should be adding (like a Blu Ray superdrive for one. What quality laptop doesn't have BR?) they start subtracting but raise the price. Yea, good luck with that.

12. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

absolutely. Apple can't hardly get these things out the door....
    ...which is why they are currently sold out of the retinabooks?

ok.

13. Martialis macrumors member

I lol'ed at billions.

14. Xiroteus macrumors 65816

Even though I strongly agree with you on what should be added I still believe they will sell quite well, a lot more people then you would think have several grad laying around for a laptop. Funny thing if this was a PC it would have trouble selling, then again Apple has better marketing and a small line of computers.

15. mrbutters macrumors regular

Thats because the vast majority of people are going to be smart enough not to pay $3 grand after taxes on a laptop when you can get one with a ton more features and the same specs for under a grand. This is really not going to help Apple's cause to try and compete in the computer market. They should just stick to MP3 players and phones.

16. Xiroteus macrumors 65816

This does push it rather far, after Apple care, taxes, maybe an upgrade or two everyone is over three grand, that is a good chunk of money for a computer. I will be curious to see how well it can sell at that price.

17. 7even macrumors 6502a

Wat. Find me a netbook with a quad-core i7 (or even a dual-core i5), 8+GB RAM, 256+GB SSD, and a GT650M. Aaaand... go.

18. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

Hell, find me any notebook with 2.7ghz, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 768gb ssd, and 2880x1800 with 650m. It still needs to be .7 inches thick and 4.5 lbs. I'll wait.

In the mean time, I'll be enjoying one hell of a machine!

Ps. Four 4gb 256gb ssd 1280x600 net books don't equal a mbpr.