bad rants about new MBP line

Badrottie

Suspended
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I have seen so many disappointments from Apple lovers…If they are not buying new 2012 MBP means Apple is down and Tim Cook is out of CEO…...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have seen so many disappointments from Apple lovers…If they are not buying new 2012 MBP means Apple is down and Tim Cook is out of CEO…...
Apple will sell millions of the new MBPs, despite the negative reactions you read from a very tiny minority in some internet forums. Tim Cook's job is quite secure.

iMusings

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
What disappointments?

I am giving the current RMBP a pass, but I am not in denial that the product is a flop, it will sell millions. Possibly even billion.

mobilebuddha

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
you are personally concerned that Tim Cook might be out of a job?

seriously?

If anything, I think we should be personally concerned that Apple is or isn't producing amazing products every year. For what it's worth, I'm finally getting another mac notebook after my 12in G4 died ~ 4 years back.

Badrottie

Suspended
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
But what about power users who want to upgrade memory? Or I could be wrong Mac Pro is a power machine than MBP?

mikeo007

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
What disappointments?

I am giving the current RMBP a pass, but I am not in denial that the product is a flop, it will sell millions. Possibly even billion.
Using ridiculous numbers makes you look very foolish. Do you honestly think Apple will sell over 2 trillion dollars worth of MacBooks? Get a grip man.

iMusings

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
But what about power users who want to upgrade memory? Or I could be wrong Mac Pro is a power machine than MBP?
Then you are using it wrong.

----------

Using ridiculous numbers makes you look very foolish. Do you honestly think Apple will sell over 2 trillion dollars worth of MacBooks? Get a grip man.
Hey, I am not saying I am buying it. But with more and more people like you, my hopes for Apple are high. Myopicism seems to be all the rage these days. What's next after this whole sealed Mac charade I wonder? Perhaps after paying for the Mac, we need a monthly subscription to keep it running!

mrbutters

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
$2200 and $2800 for what is essentially a netbook with a better quality screen? I seriously doubt these things are going to sell too well at all. Rather than adding things they should be adding (like a Blu Ray superdrive for one. What quality laptop doesn't have BR?) they start subtracting but raise the price. Yea, good luck with that.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
$2200 and $2800 for what is essentially a netbook with a better quality screen? I seriously doubt these things are going to sell too well at all.
absolutely. Apple can't hardly get these things out the door....
...which is why they are currently sold out of the retinabooks?

ok.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
$2200 and $2800 for what is essentially a netbook with a better quality screen? I seriously doubt these things are going to sell too well at all. Rather than adding things they should be adding (like a Blu Ray superdrive for one. What quality laptop doesn't have BR?) they start subtracting but raise the price. Yea, good luck with that.
Even though I strongly agree with you on what should be added I still believe they will sell quite well, a lot more people then you would think have several grad laying around for a laptop. Funny thing if this was a PC it would have trouble selling, then again Apple has better marketing and a small line of computers.

mrbutters

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
Even though I strongly agree with you on what should be added I still believe they will sell quite well, a lot more people then you would think have several grad laying around for a laptop. Funny thing if this was a PC it would have trouble selling, then again Apple has better marketing and a small line of computers.
Thats because the vast majority of people are going to be smart enough not to pay $3 grand after taxes on a laptop when you can get one with a ton more features and the same specs for under a grand. This is really not going to help Apple's cause to try and compete in the computer market. They should just stick to MP3 players and phones.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
Thats because the vast majority of people are going to be smart enough not to pay $3 grand after taxes on a laptop when you can get one with a ton more features and the same specs for under a grand. This is really not going to help Apple's cause to try and compete in the computer market. They should just stick to MP3 players and phones.
This does push it rather far, after Apple care, taxes, maybe an upgrade or two everyone is over three grand, that is a good chunk of money for a computer. I will be curious to see how well it can sell at that price.

fizzwinkus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
Hell, find me any notebook with 2.7ghz, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 768gb ssd, and 2880x1800 with 650m. It still needs to be .7 inches thick and 4.5 lbs. I'll wait.

In the mean time, I'll be enjoying one hell of a machine!

Ps. Four 4gb 256gb ssd 1280x600 net books don't equal a mbpr.